Practice is not going well. Maybe I need a break. Maybe the Wheel of Doom is taking its toll. In truth, I'm still sticking with the Laskey 85G. The 80G hasn't arrived yet and the 75J is still too small, as is the IYM. I also go back and forth to the Wick 5N to see how it feels.
Since I have nothing to practice, I'm back to etudes. I've given the Gallays a fair shake, so for a while I'm visiting Maxime Alphonse. Again, I'm not happy with my playing, but I'm making a concerted effort to do a slow, careful warmup regardless.
I want a new horn. I'm sure mine is just fine, but I want a new one. I'd at least like to TRY a new one. I keep eyeballing various Bb/high F horns. I'd love to be able to afford a Paxman, Alexander or Hoyer. I'd even go for the Conn Descant. But for now it's the H179.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment