The title of this chapter has nothing to do with the Christmas season. Well, it does and it doesn't. I don't consider this to be the most wonderful time of the year in any way. It is, however, the title of the Christmas show that I'm both producing playing in the pit.
This is the first time I'm doing the pit on the Christmas show. It's our third one, and I was in the first two. Doing the pit is a treat and honor as it's populated by the A-list of Queens Community Theater pit folk.
The book overall isn't too hard, but that doesn't stop me from the occasional brain-fart and clam. The fact that the book isn't hard is a challenge in itself as it's still to be taken seriously and played as accurately as possible. I'm using the Laskey again, by the way. So far it's had good results.
The most significant thing about playing this show is that I'm playing. There aren't a lot of opportunities out there I can actually take, so when I get one, I'm thrilled to have it.
With luck I'll be seeing the same pit folk this spring when a local school is doing "Sweeney Todd." Rockin'.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment