Friday, January 29, 2010

H200: Day 2

My chops are still not cooperating. I spent a lot of time just doing mid-range long tones.

I started my warm-up on the H179, just to get a reference point. The H200 still seems heavy. I want to test the limits of it -- how loud can I push it. It's hard to do that when my chops aren't cooperating, and with a practice mute.

I'm also still having trouble getting my head around those Bb fingerings. I can process them, but they're not natural just yet.

On the plus side, I'm getting more comfy with those high F fingerings, and that bad G is becoming less bad. I do feel the inconsistencies with the internal intonation, but that'll be a battle long fought.

I'm debating whether to bring it to Band on Tuesday or not. We're having sectionals (really?) and it might not be the time to experiment. Maybe I'll keep working with it and bring it out after we record the Barnes symphony.

It's funny how a bad practice session can set the day off on the wrong foot. It troubles me, and I wish I could fix it. Oh well. I won't be able to play over the weekend, so it's all up to Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment