Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Foldaway Hand Rest


de Haro Horns has a product called the "Foldaway Hand Rest." I love this thing.

It's funny how something so minor can make playing a whole lot easier. For years and years I just relied on that finger hook. On my circular altos I put on a palm stop, which made playing the horn so much easier.

So I got one of these and put in on my H179 and all of a sudden the horn became lighter and easier to work with. It became a source of expression, not a piece of machinery. I hardly even think about it now, but now that I'm playing with the H200 it's so painfully obvious how important this little piece has become to me.

I have one already purchased for the H200. I plan on stopping by the Brass Lab one Tuesday morning to get it attached. And then, look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment