Monday, April 11, 2011

Yes, my Lip Came Back

I took John's advice and took it easy. By week's end, I was back to normal. Does this mean I did my best? Not really.

There's still the issue of plain ol' fatigue. Phantom wasn't much of a strain, but the Grand Street program was. At Lincoln Center we went through the entire program during the warm-up, so by the time we were ready to go on, I was already tired.

I keep finding my bottom lip curling out of my mouthpiece. Frustrating. My strategy was to lay out whatever I could. If it was unison, I was out. If my notes were covered by another part, I was out. It got me to the end.

In the wash, we did well. Huge Standing O. It was a cool experience. But now I can get back to normal playing -- or normal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment