Sunday comes. I do hot and cold compresses to try to fix whatever is broken. Comes time for the warm-up and I do a slow, careful warm-up. Lots of long tones. Low register is good. Mid-range is good. 3rd space C is good (with some air). F above that -- all air.
So I pulled every trick in the book. I kept the bell off my knee to equalize the pressure on my top and bottom lip. I played everything louder than written. I kept my chest tight and the air flowing as hard as I could.
I got through the show -- better than Friday or Saturday. But whatever is broken is still broken.
Monday I'm laying off completely. I'm on the fence about Tuesday morning. Do I warm up or not? Tuesday night is Grand Street, so I'm playing. Then I think I'll take off Wednesday and Thursday, just in case. In the mean time I got some ChopSaver. With luck, that will help some.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment