Monday, June 14, 2010

Glee and the Tony's

Yes, I watch Glee. I'm not ashamed to admit it. Though my high school didn't have a show choir (or if they did, I wasn't aware of it), I was in the band, and there are definite parallels. In many ways the show is the source of inspiration. I'm not sure for what, but I always come away feeling stronger as a musician and a performer.

So last night was the Tony Awards, and someone always gives the speech about focusing on what you love and eventually everything will come your way. There are times I agree with that and times where I feel it's a huge rationalization.

But I know that I'm still in a whirlwind of trying to focus in on exactly what it is that I love. Adulthood puts so many road blocks in one's way that it's hard to have that idealistic zeal to pursue ones passions. My wife thinks I force everything too much -- that I should just relax and the right things will happen. I've always been of the belief that if you do nothing, that's exactly what will happen.

So right now I don't know what I should be doing or in what direction I should go in. I just know that I ache to be going in a direction. Something out there big is waiting for me. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment