Monday night was "Sweeney Todd" rehearsal. Tuesday night was band. Wednesday is "Sweeney Todd" again. Thursday morning is a "Sweeney Todd" performance, as well as Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. That's a lot of time with the horn -- more than I've spent in many, many years.
And I'm loving it, of course. It's like home again.
Of course, it also accentuates problems. I'm reconsidering the H200 yet again, if anything for the security in the upper and "cash" register. I still have to overcome the hinkey notes and the lack of familiarity. But again, now's not the time.
"Sweeney" is all in the lower and middle register. The Grand Street program is all over the place, but I botch the cash register notes enough to make me leery. So my next plan is after the final GSCB concert, I'll work on the H200 through the summer to hopefully find my way. Of course, the comfort of the H179 will always haunt me, bu the insecurity of the aforementioned ranges makes the H200 appealing.
I hate having to make these choices. And love it. I'm a mess.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment