I'm 47 years old. When I look back at my life, I can see points where I could have made different choices. Though I'm glad to be where I am, there are some regrets.
I regret that I never played in a Drum Corps. Looking back I took a different musical path, spending my summers at places like Brevard, or working. Still, I really wish I could have been in a Drum Corps.
I regret never getting a Masters Degree, though I have no idea what I would get it in.
I regret not auditioning for the Disneyland All-American Marching Band when I had the chance. On the other hand, I passed that up to play in the 1984 Olympics, which I don't regret at all.
I regret putting the horn down for 13 years. I'm glad I picked it up again ... or at least picked SOMETHING up again.
Of course, I could always play in a Drum Corps now or get my Masters Degree now. But I've made choices that don't give me the time or energy.
So. Regrets. Yes, I have a few. And for now I'll just have to keep them. Sad.
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment