Friday, March 5, 2010

In times of stress, there's always music

I can't express enough how much richer and fuller my life is because of music. In times of stress or anxiety, I can always sit in my basement and practice my horn, or plug in my iPod and listen. And all becomes right with the world. Music is my escape. It's somewhere I can go that is personal, inviting and accommodating. It doesn't judge, it doesn't demand. It just adds color and warmth.

Catch me on a day when my lip isn't working right and I may feel differently.

I still can't believe I put the horn down for 13 years. Yes, it probably felt good for the first year or two, but I always knew that a part of me was missing. I truly wish I my wife could understand this. Just having something to play in once a week has made such a huge difference in me. I'm so much happier now that I can make music again.

It's a stressful time right now. Very stressful. Work is out of control. I'm about to start a show. Home has it's inherent stresses. But listening to the sounds of Symphonic Band recordings is keeping me together.

Thank you, God, for giving me Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment