Wes Hatch has an incredible reputation in the Horn world. He is known for his work with Holton as a tester and foreman of final assembly. But his claim to fame is his horn conversions. And, as I said, he has an incredible reputation. Hatch horns are said to be excellent.
I would like my Holton to be a little better than it is. Over the years I've replaced the lead pipe, had the valves redone, had the bell cut, and had an acid wash or two. But I'm ready for more.
Wes has something called "Resonance Rehabilitation," in which "... the horn is dismantled and all gaps, stress points and major
dents are repaired. Lacquer is stripped, parts are remounted
and the horn is ultrasonically cleaned and reassembled." It's supposed to do good things to the horn. Will it work on mine? I hope so.
I've sent my baby off today to Wisconsin to meet Wes. I hope to get it back in about a week.
Godspeed, old friend. Come back to me revitalized and refreshed!
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment