I know this is going to sound really random. Sorry if this is weird, but I was wondering if I could pass along a message to the BKWS horn players. Nothing crazy, but after getting to hear our Midwest recordings (which you do not have to include in the message if you don't want since we only just got them) I really had to express how much I love hearing that section play.Wow. I mean .... wow. How do you respond to that without sounding cocky? As an actor it's easy when someone comes up to you and says "you did such a great job" and you say "Thank you very much! It's very kind of you!" But this is different.
I feel really lucky to be sitting in front of them because they sound so incredible! Individually I know everyone is a beast, but they blend incredibly as a section, too! Like those crazy high parts in Moth?? Woah!! So awesome!! I honestly could listen to them play all day long, and it truly makes my experience in the ensemble that much more enjoyable.
Anyway, just wanted to share a little love.
I think one thing that makes it different is that EVERYONE in the BKWS is awesome, and you can't (or at least I can't) single out any one individual or section as standing out. Granted, there are those who consistently shine, like Melissa on sax who sits to my left. But everyone has earned their seat and deserves to be there and is therefore an equally integral part of the organization.
On a side note, I am pleased and proud at how in sync we are as a section and how well we blend. For me it's very satisfying, and I hope it is for them as well (we never really communicate these kind of things to each other -- or at least to me).
Feedback is important. I don't always receive it and I'm not sure why. I know I'm not the best horn player in the world. For all I know I'm not even the best horn player in the room.
But as for this unnamed clarinetist -- I am now your biggest fan!

No comments:
Post a Comment