The Paxman 40a is completely mine now! It's all paid for. The Holton H200 has been sold. I'll miss it, but I'm still very much in love with the Paxman.
At Josh's request I did finally get the horn cleaned. From what I'm told, it was plenty gunky. It plays a little different as a result, but not in a bad way.
My first concert with the Paxman is this coming weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing how it fares.
So, back to my thoughts on having an audition piece ready. I said I wasn't ready with the Fernandez Halloween Scherzo. But, you know what? I think I'm more prepared than I thought. All of a sudden the whole thing is clicking. Granted, there are some lines at the end I still have to woodshed, but overall it's starting to work for me.
What's even better about the piece is that the composer has expanded it to a full concerto (called the "Holiday Concerto")! I've heard it and I love it! I contacted him about getting the rest of it, and he'll sell it to me at a reduced rate since I already purchased what is now the first movement.
I'm very, VERY hyped!
Monday, October 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment