I'm a little late with this, but I finally played my first concert on the Paxman. Bottom line: it was my best performance to date.
Was it free from error? No. I don't think that's ever completely possible for a Horn player. But it was darned close. Total, there were 4. Two were because my Bb/F change key stuck. Two were because I chipped an Eb. Twice. After the second time I made a slight adjustment to my 1st valve slide and I was good to go.
So will I now play perfect at every performance? Hardly. But now it's more up to me than fighting the hardware. Oh, we still have some differences of opinions, mainly concerning how far out the 1st and 2nd valve slides should be. But overall I can rule the horn out of the equation and take the responsibility.
It's now up to me.
Our next concert is coming fast and furious. In one number I have a lot of exposed playing to do. This will be the true test. I'm confident, excited, and a little scared.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment