Things are going great with the Paxman. I'm still deeply in love with it and can't wait to practice every day!
Now, I'm a fan of consistency. It's not a fear of change. I love change. But some boats aren't worth rocking. For example, when I bought the Paxman I made sure I continued to use the same valve oil that Mark has been using. I also knew that I would have to follow up with the tech who has done all the repairs on Mark's horn up to now.
I really like Chuck at the Brass Lab. I think he does great work and I trust him. But Mark has had a lot of work done in the horn throughout the years, and it's all been done by Josh Landress.
Josh is primarily a trumpet guy, but he does great work on all brass. He used to work for Sam Ash on 48th Street but now he has his own shop
So I paid him a visit to iron out a few dents on the bell tail, which he took care of rather quickly. He also cleaned the Bb/F change rotor and pointed out that the horn is in dire need of a cleaning.
It does break my heart to abandon poor Chuck. In truth, I'll still go to him with all my other horns. But for the Paxman, Josh has been its doctor up until now, and I don't plan on changing.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment