Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Think It's Time

Played a concert this past Saturday and got to hear a recording.

I've been doing some research about the common thoughts and reviews of the Holton H200.  One of the most common criticisms is the iffy intonation.

Back to the recording.  My intonation was SO inconsistent!  Granted, I was listening for it.  But to me it's disturbing.

So I'm thinking maybe it's time to get my H175 fixed and re-enter the world of the F/Bb double horn.  I know, I know ... just when I have the Bb horn mastered.  But my old war horse of a horn has served me for a very long time.  The rotors are all warn and leaking, but if I get them replaced, I may be back in the game.

I'm trying to get through to Chuck at the BrassLab.  He'll do the job, but it won't be cheap.  With luck, it'll be worth it.  I really did love that horn.  I'm willing to give it another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment