Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Baby's Back

So I bit the bullet and got my H179 fixed.  I know I've said it before, but it needs repeating.  I got this horn in the early 80's and it's been my one and only ax until the past few years.  I really liked the idea of the double descant, and I love playing it, despite the strain on my brain it took to learn Bb fingerings.  Now I'm quite used to it.  Still the H200 lacked some of the brute power of the H179 and, as I found out much later by listening to recordings, it lacked the tonal center.  Y'see, that's the part I just couldn't get around.

But now my baby's back and better than ever.  The valves are a dream.  They're tight and they play that way.  It feels like an old friend is back in my life after a long absence.

But now ... and you knew this was coming ... I need to UNlearn the Bb horn fingerings and RElearn the F horn fingerings.

I'm such a dope.

1 comment:

  1. My friend you need to make up your mind. :)
    Can it be that hard? LOL
    It isn't rocket science, after all.
    You don't have a facebook acct, Perk. You need to fix that. :)
    When you do, drop by and say hello. https://www.facebook.com/anita.s.moore?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete