I'm getting tired of diminishing returns. It's as though my playing is getting worse by the day and I don't know why. I practice regularly, but progress is getting slower and slower. Then in performance I totally choke. My range goes, my accuracy goes ... everything goes.
I've tried SO HARD to find the right combination of things to optimize my playing. I'm putting my bell back on my knee as it does improve accuracy. I've gone through dozens of mouthpieces to find the right one for me. I warm up very carefully. I'm focusing on tongue placement and syllables. And yet, my playing is getting seemingly worse and worse.
The day is coming where I will no longer be able to hold my seat in the BKWS. It'll be a heartbreak because I know that at one time I could cut it, but for some reason now I can't.
My last resort will be private lessons. I really need to pursue it. Now.
Monday, December 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment