So, I had my audition. It came suddenly -- I got stuck judging woodwind auditions. We had a short break and I was told to audition right then with no real warm-up. Oh well.
I played okay but I still chipped a note or two. My scores were around 7 or 7.5 out of 10. Not bad, but not great. If I maintain my seat it will be either by an extremely slim margin, or due to other factors, because I believe I was out-played, and that's depressing.
I know I can be a better horn player, but I'm not. Maybe I've reached my peak. All I know is that it's time to find a private teacher again to progress. I've got some feelers out, but nothing yet.
Meanwhile I bought a used Conn 8D. It looks warn, but it might be good. It was very inexpensive for an 8D. I hope it wasn't a waste of money. Regardless, first thing I'll do is take it to Josh Landress for a once-over.
But back to the audition. There were good things about it. I was able to play fairly musically without my nerves getting the best of me. They DID cause me some troubles, but I was able to soldier on. But I know I was out-played.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment