Summertime. No band (well, 2 summer concerts) and no pit gigs. So what am I to do?
I think I've identified that my biggest problem toward the end of last season is Endurance. After a little bit of research, I feel my best course of action is P.E.T.E. I'm not using it as often as I should, but I do try to put in a few minutes every other day or so. I'd rather do it daily, but sometimes my schedule won't allow it. Maybe for the rest of the summer things will calm down and I can spend more quality time with it.
I'm also hitting up etudes. My favorites are from the Arban book (trumpet etudes) and the Wayne Downey Superstar Etudes. They ain't easy, and that's what I need. I'm slowly chipping away at the Bb fingering brain farts, and pushing for better accuracy.
I'll stay the course. With luck I'll hit next season a better player.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment